Do I still care who wins the presidency?

Being in the other side of the world (literally!) makes you appreciate and treasure the existence of the Internet. You get to chat with your friends and family, see them on webcams, and you get the news right on time! Even earlier than people back home.

So I just read the news at PDI awhile ago. I always go straight to the Editorial and Opinions section as they appeal to me more than what is in front of the paper. Whatever big news is on the frontpage, I know I will be updated about it in the E&O especially if it warrants enough attention to our consciousness.

Politics has always been a very interesting topic. Politics in the Philippines is even more reviting and fascinating - not with its beauty but with its downright dirtiness. The election just concluded and after 18 days, official counting for the presidential and vice presidential positions still hasn't started. COMELEC canvassing, which I thought was the official one, is also not done yet. As the days went by, counting has become slower and slower and slower. And between the two leading candidates, I really don't care who wins anymore. One is corrupt while the other is an ignorant dumbass with trapos on his back. Since the contest has been between Best Actress Gory Gloria and His Royal Highness King FPJ, I am relegated to think which of the two evils should we succumb to. To one that has proven to be corrupt and power hungry but is masked by her so-called intelligence, or to the high school dropout with untested skills and surrounded by erap/marcos crew? No choice. No contest. Hopeless. It really doesn't matter anymore. Whoever wins, the country is in dire misery.

0 comments: