The Way to Love


The Way To Love
by Anthony de Mello

In times of distress - when I feel that I am being neglected; when I feel like the world owes to care for me; when I feel like everything I expect should happen as it should - I read this favourite book of mine. It not only teaches me to understand people and situations, it also gives me the strength to let go, not just something, but everything.

When you love someone, you get attached. Your life becomes a mess because your happiness now relies on somebody. It's hard and frustrating because you are trying to control something that is beyond your reach. Reading the book, you learn to let go of your frustrations and focus your mind on your ownself. You learn to control your feelings by understanding the situation and the person you love. Freeing your mind and your heart is very hard and the process is really hard. It takes a lot of concentration. But if you try hard to understand, you'd somehow make it. And then you will feel peace and happiness for whatever is happening. Somehow, you learn to accept things as they are without questions but just gladness and gratitude .

0 comments:

The author

The author
10% oxygen, 50% stubborn, 40%mood swings • a very loyal friend • voracious reader • loves Sidney Sheldon & Anne Rice • hates beef and veggies • caramel macchiato addict • longs to meet Lestat • occasionally polite • ever proud • cynic but still a romantic fool • unconventional • daring • dreamer yet a realist • brutally honest