Beyond Borders

I watched Beyond Borders again (Angelina Jolie, Clive Owen) and I cried watching through the movie again. From the moment Angelina picks up this tiny African baby till she burst from the landmines, small drop of tears just can't stop falling. Definitely, the movie will pierce through your heart, as it did mine's.

Realization: Be thankful of everything you've got, even if you think you've got nothing.

The fact that you're reading this means that you have enough to get by and live in this world comfortably. Some peole out there (i.e. Africa) don't have any food to eat, or any house to live in. They live day by day wondering if they'll ever get to live the next day, much less eat. Everyday is a battle. Everyday is the last day.

Be thankful of the life you've got. I myself am guilty of feeling bored of my life sometimes. A lot of people out there are fighting hard to live and look for food and we have no right to feel bored just because we don't have enough to do to make ourselves entertained. There's a lot to do. If you're having a hard time entertaining yourself, go out and help. Volunteer. There's a lot of people who need your help, not necessarily your money. Your time and presence could be enough. Then you're not bored and you might have helped one person somehow. Sometimes you have to think that life is not all about yourself only. Coz if it is, then that's when your life becomes boring.

Ultimately, my question comes in again: What are we here for?

In my case, I'll find it out. Life is just a matter of choices anyway - choices that very much affect how your life shapes up. To make the choice is never even difficult. It's only a matter of right or wrong. Oftentimes in the past, I always chose to be wrong. I wanted to be different and wrong is always different. A friend said to me that "immorality has become the fad these days." It has I guess. I have always hated to be in a fad as it gets in conflict with my desire to be different. But I guess I didn't notice that I was in the fad to be different.

Crazy as I am, I believe life is a fragile gift. If we make mistakes, we can never undo them. We can only learn and hope that the next time we are in the same predicament, we make the right choice and decision. Then the mistake wasn't wasted. Then we move on and make our life better.

Read somewhere: Find out what makes you happy & follow what your heart tells you. They may call you foolish, but at least you are a happy fool, not a lonely, empty wise person.

---------------------------
Is there something as "tri-life crisis?"

0 comments: