The Purpose Driven Life

After a friend has been bugging me of buying the book, a few weeks later, I see the book paraded on television. Yes, I had been reading the book before it became popular. I just want that known, hehe.

My friend Gerson literally forced me to buy the book since he saw this post. As you can see, it was an entry of a very confused person finding her way and purpose in life. And the pastor-to-be that he is, he gave me the amazon link and told me to buy the book right away, ASAP. He can really be very forceful when he wants to, hehe. The good and trusting friend that I am, I bought it right away and have never looked back. It really is a very informative and stimulating book. You're supposed to read the book within 40 days (would have been good to start on the first day of Lent, right?) and read only 1 chapter a day so you can concentrate and meditate on how each lesson can be applied to your daily life but I got stuck on 1 of the chapters (Chapter 3 I guess) and it took me almost a week to move on to the next chapter. Chapter 3 gave me a lot to think of and think over.

My point? That the book is worthy of the celebration it is currently getting. I haven't even read half of it but it really hit me on most marks of my life and is helping me on my confusion. So if you're thinking of buying one, go get one. You wouldn't regret having a copy.

Okay, done with this shameless plug I am not even paid for.

It's holy week and I will be on my friend's house to celebrate(??) the occasion. I'm excited to have all these foods (without meat of course) cooked the way it is back home - binignit, nilat-ang saging and camote, inun-unan - to name just a few. Yummmmmy! As I have been always deprived of these here in Canada, I can't wait for Good Friday to come, hehe.

Have a meaningful holy week everyone! Let's all pray and celebrate God's goodness. Happy Easter!

-------------------------------------
The more you know who you are, the less you think of what you want.
- Bob Harris, Lost in Translation

3 comments:

Erotismo Wed Mar 23, 01:30:00 PM 2005  

Hey bardot

Your blog is excelent!! Please contine to be so creative. My blog is in spanish, but you will love its sensuality!

http://erotismo7.blogspot.com/

Love,

Eros

b a r d o t Wed Mar 23, 01:42:00 PM 2005  

eiii eros! ngano spanish man to? di ko kasabot oi.. hehe..

Anonymous Fri Mar 25, 02:13:00 AM 2005  

Kinsa man nang EROS Amee?
Drop him off!

Guardian Angel