today is...

December 8, 2004
Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
of the Blessed Virgin Mary


:: Please say a rosary for all the victims of the back-to-back-to-back typhoons back home. And please say a decade for me that I may get hired for the job I am currently applying. Please please.


:: and for some reflection, here's a poem i found on the net at www.theinterviewwithgod.com. hope this will inspire you as much as it has inspired me.


THE INTERVIEW WITH GOD


I dreamed I had an interview with God.

"So you would like to interview me?" God asked.

"If you have the time" I said.

God smiled. "My time is eternity."
"What questions do you have in mind for me?"

"What surprises you most about humankind?"

God answered...
"That they get bored with childhood,
they rush to grow up, and then
long to be children again."

"That they lose their health to make money...
and then lose their money to restore their health."

"That by thinking anxiously about the future,
they forget the present,
such that they live in neither
the present nor the future."

"That they live as if they will never die,
and die as though they had never lived."

God's hand took mine
and we were silent for a while.

And then I asked...
"As a parent, what are some of life's lessons
you want your children to learn?"

"To learn they cannot make anyone
love them. All they can do
is let themselves be loved."

"To learn that it is not good
to compare themselves to others."

"To learn to forgive
by practicing forgiveness."

"To learn that it only takes a few seconds
to open profound wounds in those they love,
and it can take many years to heal them."

"To learn that a rich person
is not one who has the most,
but is one who needs the least."

"To learn that there are people
who love them dearly,
but simply have not yet learned
how to express or show their feelings."

"To learn that two people can
look at the same thing
and see it differently."

"To learn that it is not enough that they
forgive one another, but they must also forgive themselves."

"Thank you for your time," I said humbly.

"Is there anything else
you would like your children to know?"

God smiled and said,
"Just know that I am here... always."

~author unknown


now back to my ramblings...


:: I was looking through my archives and realized September is missing. Hmmm. Seems I was sooo down at that time. Hehehe... Sooo drunk most of the time. Sooo heartbroken. Sooo stupid. Sooo September.


:: gail said: "maau kaau ka magmasquerade sa imong true feelings and emotions"

and it's true. i am the master of disguise. i am so good at hiding my real feelings especially when i feel so sad and down. i suddenly make this mask to conceal whatever i am feeling at that moment. it's like a protection so that other people wouldn't get affected by what i'm feeling. i only open up to my closest friends. and if none is near, then i just have to take care of myself by my own in my own space. the walls of my room can attest to that. owww.. this is sappy.


:: aelred said: "makashock daw na magminyo na ko ingon si misoy kay i'm not the marriagable type daw."

hmmm.. the last time i talked to misoy, he kept on asking me why la pa ko nagminyo? does this mean i'm the marriagable type? hehehe.. unfortunately, i have no one to marry to. and don't pity me. i'm not even a bit sad that i don't have a boyfriend right now. gawd! although i miss some of the perks of having a boyfriend, i'm not really looking for that someone again. in time. thing is, i'm not getting any younger. but hey! i'd rather be single than settle for anybody less.


:: hazel said: " hangtod karon manhid gyapon ka?"

we were talking about the conversation i had with a former suitor. she thinks the guy still likes me and i just shrugged off her comments. and then she asked me that question.

i can't remember the first time i was told "manhid" but every now and then, i am always brought to that attention that i am manhid! truth is, i am not. they know i'm not. i am the most sensitive person i have ever known. really. for gawd's sake i even cry on a simple komiks story! but because i am good at concealing my emotions, they say i'm manhid. and i can't blame them. being manhid or frigid or ice-cold is actually just a result of my masquerade.


:: lastly, here's a poem i sooo love the first time i read it. it's funny yet mushy at the same time. got this from the YOU.


L. E. A. ALT164. O
(An Idiot's Guide to Mushy Poems)
By Ricardo A. Palaypay

No.
It is no Hawke and Delpy
in Before sunrise.
Our trains of thought
do not even meet.

Friction is fiction.

We
are much like talcum and diamond
in the Mohs Scale of Relative Mineral Hardness.
The east and west
in the spectrum of worth.

I, a rusty base metal.
She, that glistening gold.

If only today is the Sixth day of creation.
Yahweh, let there be inverse alchemy.
Let me be polarized as a minus
and her, a plus.

0 comments: