Empty...

... that's what we are without Him.

I had a talk with someone last night. I have been acquainted to him before but I couldn't really call him a friend at that time yet. We're the hi-hello type. The how are you? Kamusta? But last night, I saw him on a different light. For a long time, I finally met someone who's so kind and so real that I'm just really glad and thankful that he's there. I don't easily open up and tell my life story, especially my love story. But with him, I felt so relaxed and so free to tell him everything. It was wierd. And I am thankful that he was there - listening. Just listening. Not even criticizing my life and my decisions. Not even offering a coherent advice, except for one - pray.

He wasn't preachy with his thoughts when he elaborated. His words were so simple yet I didn't really came to think of them before. And most important of all, he have enlightened my thoughts. He's like a light that made me reflect on myself - on how my life is doing. And he's pretty right... I have forgotten God. I know. I haven't really prayed seriously for a looong time. I go to church but I am just there, present, but not really picking up the message. I listen and then forget about it the moment I walk out of the door.

There's a very big space in my life right now. So empty. I've been looking for ways to fill in the void and can't find one. Now I know why. I've been looking at the wrong sides, wrong ways, wrong things, wrong people. So wrong.

All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you O Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaim
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours

Lord I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer You my life

Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my hopes, all of my plans
My heart and my hands are lifted to You

Thank you J. I think you're my angel. I'll see if I can make it good this time. I'll try. ^_^

0 comments:

The author

The author
10% oxygen, 50% stubborn, 40%mood swings • a very loyal friend • voracious reader • loves Sidney Sheldon & Anne Rice • hates beef and veggies • caramel macchiato addict • longs to meet Lestat • occasionally polite • ever proud • cynic but still a romantic fool • unconventional • daring • dreamer yet a realist • brutally honest