Hear me out ladies!

I just hate it when journalists generalize their comments. Like they present their feelings and views as the feelings and views of the entire nation too.

After FPJ's death in December, Susan Roces once again came into the limelight when she spoke out against what she felt was the mass media's biased coverage of her husband's campaign and lashed out against the insincerity of politicians now rushing to pay homage to FPJ.

The nation noticed, and approved, touched by her ability to speak out, mincing no words and yet maintaining her composure.

- Pinoy Kasi: Michael Tan of PDI

Umm, hello? The nation did noticed as I bet her face was all over the idiot box, but approved?? Touched?? I do not approve and I know a hell lot of people who do not approve of her attitude when her husband died. She seems to direct that some people were politicking her husband's death when it was she herself who was politicking.

Ms. Roces, please just shut up. I would have admired you if you have just mourned quietly. Did you really have to whine at that time? You do have the right to rant as it's a free country but it just wasn't the right time. Unless of course you have plans of getting into politics, of which I am really getting suspicious of now. Please please prove me wrong on this notion.

I don't know but I feel something brewing secretly. Ever heard of Corazon Aquino? I hope I'm wrong.

***

Macapagal-Arroyo is just plain dense. For saying that the tsunami that hit several Asian countries should make the Philippines more attractive as a tourist destination is heartless. It was boorish and uncalled for. How could she say that? It was like rubbing salt to injury. It was like saying "beeh buti nga sa inyo nang dito naman magsipunta ang mga turista." Such a cheap way to promote tourism in our country. And did she think our beaches are safe? Can she guarantee that to the tourists, much less to us that our beaches are safe? It's GLOBAL warming for crying out loud! No beach is safe anywhere in the world.

Naman Ms. President. I don't know if it's because of too much association with Kris Aquino (thereby being that tactless now) or you're really just that - cold and heartless.

0 comments: